Friday, September 07, 2007

My First Love...

A story of resistance, perseverance and patience. The morning fun and the evening frolic make my day. Sorry not to have introduced myself- I am a VIP with a shiny black leather sheath and I accompany my boss wherever he goes. The perfect travel being in the local trains of Mumbai. So am a Bag and christened TravelTru.
Everyday I am crushed in the rush to enter. Somehow my boss sweetly requests people near the window to stack me carefully in the racks of the local. Maybe because am heavy. I don’t know!!! The stench from other bags, their rough hooks, all hurt me a lot. But some days I sleep a lot with the Times of India as the cushioned side rest for my cozy comfort. Some days I am squeezed in the multitude of other bags. I take it to be a part of life and I enjoy.
Let me tell you how I fell in love for a brief moment today. The usual morning stinking feeling was there, when suddenly a sweet fragrance spread near me. My half sleepy eyes popped open to see a cutie ladies bag near me. A beautiful cream-colored luxury bag embellished with a lot of embroidery. She had rainbow hues spread over her skin. The two rings dangling on her ears, attached to it were bands of her beautiful pink hair. Her twinkling eyes and designer wear with lots of well ironed pleats. Her beautiful rose lips were zipped. All eyes were set upon her. Its not always that a local traveller like me gets a female counterpart. As I peeped down to see who owns this cutie, I saw my boss sharing jokes with a pretty madam. I felt from the core of my feelings that this cutey is mine. As i gave a glance, she sulked. But i knew... she had an eye on me too. Maybe my executive looks garnered her attention. All the second grades were commenting on her, whereas i remained silent. She was feeling uneasy. As the bag near me was taken off, we became neighbours. I thanked God. Her insecurity spoke to me. We started conversing for the envy of others. But the train was almost covering up the destined time. She narrated expressively on her new journey. Her name was Pretty-pet. So I guessed that Pretty-pet had boarded a general compartment by mistake and my boss would have got her madam in his sweet talk. We too spoke a lot on ourselves in the minimal time that ticked faster than usual. She was impressed. Not just on my looks, but also on my character.
It was love at first sight. What a lucky day for me. As the train inched towards her destination, my boss handed pretty carefully to the madam. With a heavy heart we were parting ways. My eyes brightened as I overheard my boss noting the madam’s mobile number. That meant we were going to meet again. As I looked at my cutie she winked. My heart missed a beat. She professed. My eyes twinkled in the affirmative. "lets meet again somewhere, sometime. Do wait for me." Her eyes were pleading. I acknowledged. My experience taught me to muse a thought - "The people who are loved deserve to know the people who love them...So don't miss a chance to express your love, cos hearts are broken with the words unspoken."
I knew that my boss and me had found our sweethearts. Thanks once again to the suburban trains of Mumbai.

4 comments:

Devoo said...

tht ws very interesting....
my language is not as good as yurs... so don know how express it properly...
tht ws jus lovely.... to find pleasure and beauty in a routine/ or shud i say, regular things....... is absolute genius... with words and mind...... a very different perspective....... beautiful....

Rejoy said...

It’s not tht I dint like ur experimentation.....ur observation skills are wat came 2 the fore here too....& mayb u were covertly trying 2 compare it with something else...
see..ur standard as u know is par excellence..the problem is the kind of topics tht ur handling...I'm not being an armchair critic..Even if I wish,I maynot b able 2 write like this....coz we are poles apart....I'm not as romantic as u...nor as jovial as u....i don’t see life from the eyes tht u see.....but still..I dint like this one.....
u once told me abt a gal whom u'd observed..selling flowers at the traffic signal.....y dont write tht...life from her perspective.....lot many issues u can touch.....or mayb I'll write some similar topic..ok

Rejil Krishnan said...

@anu
thank u madam...

Rejil Krishnan said...

@rejoy....
yes brother...am waiting for u to start blogging.... not to criticise but for others to applaud and affirm the fact tht u r better than me in ur literary skills....